Investment opportunities in Iraq estimated at over US$30 billion
Tawfiq Alabadi president of the Iraqi Businessmen Union (Basra branch) estimated that the total value of investment opportunities in Iraq is more than US$30 billion.
According to <i>Alahli</i> newspaper, Alabadi pointed out that these opportunities are numerous and diversified and they cover all economic and commercial fields such as tourism, health, agriculture electricity.
He indicated that the tourism sector in Iraq has strong potential due to the existence of many religious sites in the country. He added that the agriculture sector features many opportunities due to the abundance of agriculture land in Iraq.
Alabadi affirmed that Iraq welcomes all Arab investors, especially Kuwaitis because of their geographical proximity.
- ”Fantastic investment” opportunities in Iraq telecom sector
- Iraq needs US$20 billion investment to cover electricity needs
- Iraq: Damage to oil sector estimated at over US$11 billion
- Iraq starts implementation of agriculture villages project
- Malaysian Business Community Urged to Capitalize on Opportunities in Iraq