An Apple a day? iPad mini launch expected
Tech giant Apple has reportedly sent out invites for a special event on October 23, at which the firm is likely to unveil a smaller version of its iPad.
The invite, headlined 'We've got a little more to show you', said the Apple event will take place on October 23rd at the California Theater in San Jose, close to San Francisco.
The new device is expected to have a 7.85-inch screen, compared with the existing iPad's 10-inch display, the paper said.
Some reports have suggested that Apple will upgrade the existing iPad to include the same lightning charging socket as the iPhone 5, which was announced last month.
Other reports have said that Apple is also planning to release a version of its 13-inch MacBook Pro that will have a high resolution Retina display.
- The 'ironic' struggle for Turkey's internet freedom
- Forget the iphone 6 for a second and pay attention to Apple and the 'smartwatch revolution'
- A piece of cake? Egypt's 'baseeta' e-service for completing government documents gains popularity despite legality concerns
- When will the iphone 6 come to the Middle East?
- Filters vs. proxies: the tug of war between Iranian authorities and online browsers
- Apple expected to unveil iPad 3 in March 7 event
- Investors tell Apple not to gloat after Samsung legal win
- No longer hot like Apple pie: shares hit 18 month low
- Less is more! 7-inch iPad Mini sells dearly on UAE's grey market
- Don't hold your breath: new iPhone 6 Plus pre-order shipments to be delayed by a month