An Apple a day? iPad mini launch expected
Tech giant Apple has reportedly sent out invites for a special event on October 23, at which the firm is likely to unveil a smaller version of its iPad.
The invite, headlined 'We've got a little more to show you', said the Apple event will take place on October 23rd at the California Theater in San Jose, close to San Francisco.
The new device is expected to have a 7.85-inch screen, compared with the existing iPad's 10-inch display, the paper said.
Some reports have suggested that Apple will upgrade the existing iPad to include the same lightning charging socket as the iPhone 5, which was announced last month.
Other reports have said that Apple is also planning to release a version of its 13-inch MacBook Pro that will have a high resolution Retina display.
- Thinner screen, tougher requirements? Why Apple suppliers are truly struggling to supply enough screens for next month's iphone 6 lauch
- On cloud 'nine' or more like...'seven': the GCC's clouding industry to grow seven-fold by 2020
- A truce on the fight for supremacy: Samsung, Apple declare a cease-fire on patent war
- Why app developers are thriving in the UAE
- Revealed: the $3 trillion threat