An Apple a day? iPad mini launch expected
Apple looks set to launch its new 'iPad Mini'
Tech giant Apple has reportedly sent out invites for a special event on October 23, at which the firm is likely to unveil a smaller version of its iPad.
The invite, headlined 'We've got a little more to show you', said the Apple event will take place on October 23rd at the California Theater in San Jose, close to San Francisco.
The new device is expected to have a 7.85-inch screen, compared with the existing iPad's 10-inch display, the paper said.
Some reports have suggested that Apple will upgrade the existing iPad to include the same lightning charging socket as the iPhone 5, which was announced last month.
Other reports have said that Apple is also planning to release a version of its 13-inch MacBook Pro that will have a high resolution Retina display.
- Nip, tuck: Dubai's grand plans for being a major player in medical tourism
- Zain, UNHCR, Facebook to bring free internet access to urban refugees in Jordan
- Yemen Central Bank headquarters to relocate from Sanaa to Aden
- IMF report details the crippling economic effects of conflict in MENA
- Start Up Lebanon entrepreneurs head to Silicon Valley Roadshow