An Apple a day? iPad mini launch expected
Tech giant Apple has reportedly sent out invites for a special event on October 23, at which the firm is likely to unveil a smaller version of its iPad.
The invite, headlined 'We've got a little more to show you', said the Apple event will take place on October 23rd at the California Theater in San Jose, close to San Francisco.
The new device is expected to have a 7.85-inch screen, compared with the existing iPad's 10-inch display, the paper said.
Some reports have suggested that Apple will upgrade the existing iPad to include the same lightning charging socket as the iPhone 5, which was announced last month.
Other reports have said that Apple is also planning to release a version of its 13-inch MacBook Pro that will have a high resolution Retina display.
- From more BBM-ing, to less Facebook-ing: how exactly are people in Qatar using the internet?
- Unnatural troubles: Cyber attacks increased by a billion in 2014
- From the World Cup to the iPhone 6: what are people in the UAE googling the most?
- Mashallah! Online ventures target a tremendous Muslim consumer base
- It's complicated: Iran's 'sinful' relationship with the internet