Crushing expectations: new iPhones mark Apple's most successful launch ever!
Apple has revealed that its latest iPhone5S hit 9 million unit sales record since its launch on Friday and that demand is exceeding supply.
The tech giant said that the two new iPhone models: 5S and the low-cost 5C gave the company its strongest iPhone launch ever.
Many suppliers and mobile networks complained of a shortage of supply from Apple on the launch day, however, the company said that the demand has exceeded the initial supply and many online orders are scheduled for shipping in coming weeks.
Apple's CEO Tim Cook said that this is the company's best iPhone launch yet with more than nine million new iPhones sold, it is a new record for first weekend sales, Fox News reports.
According to the report, Apple said that its fourth-quarter revenue will be at the high end of its estimated 34 billion dollars to 37 billion dollars in total revenue.
- Tablets, phones and the iPad Air2: a turning point?
- I just called to say... Saudi mobile phone market is the biggest in MENA
- Mobile mania! MENA cell phone sales higher than ever in 2014
- Online freedom vs. the red flag: five disturbing facts about Turkey's Internet Law
- Saudi Arabia, Jordan lead cell phone market competitiveness
- No longer hot like Apple pie: shares hit 18 month low
- Investors tell Apple not to gloat after Samsung legal win
- Don't hold your breath: new iPhone 6 Plus pre-order shipments to be delayed by a month
- Selling at double the pace of the iPhone 5, Apple swamped with iPhone 6 record-breaking pre-orders
- Here comes the frenzy: iphone 6 rumours are already spreading around