Upcoming iphone 6 to be a 'mobile wallet'
Apple plans to enable its next iPhone to become a mobile wallet by allowing owners to securely make mobile payments in a store with the touch of a finger, Bloomberg said on Sunday, citing a person familiar with the situation.
The agreement includes participation by Visa Inc., MasterCard Inc and American Express Co and will be announced Sept. 9 along with unveiling of the next iPhone, according to the source, who Bloomberg said asked not to be identified because the talks are private.
The new iPhone will simplify mobile payment by including a special communication chip, along with a fingerprint recognition reader that debuted on the most recent iPhone, the source said.
Officials could not immediately be reached at Apple, Visa, Mastercard and American Express.
- Oman’s Duqm tourist complex moves forward with government approval
- Kuwait fights budget deficit: Reexamining government salaries, expatriate labor
- Tunisian Confederation of Industry, Trade, and Handicrafts fights nationwide unemployment levels
- Construction costs fall in Dubai
- Western tourists flock to Iran, could generate $30B in new revenue
- With impending shortage, Middle East retailers hold their breath in anticipation of iphone 6 'hysteria'
- iPhone, Mac boost Apple sales but iPad numbers disappoint
- Mobile money technology changes lives on a daily basis: hear the success stories in Dubai
- SAMSUNG SHOWCASES THE WORLD’S SLIMMEST PHONE AT SVIAZ EXPO COMM 2006