iPhone 5 Launched
After what feels like a lifetime of waiting, the iPhone 5 has finally been released in typical fashion at San Francisco’s Yerba Buena Center, by CEO Tim Cook. Despite many leaks, fans of the Apple product were eagerly awaiting the announcement.
So after the hype, what have we got? The new model is made out of glass and aluminium and is the thinnest phone Apple have ever made, at 7.6mm, and also the lightest, weighing in 120grams. It’s taller, too, enabling an extra row of apps on the screen, with an overall screen size of 10.2cm, resulting in a 16 x 9 ratio.
As leaks suggested, the iPhone will come with a new connector. ‘Lightening’ is 80per cent smaller whilst the phone will also be capable of 4G/LTE connectivity with software of the phone being drastically upgraded from the iPhone 4s, included a new chip – the Apple A6 Chip – along with double the CPU and double the graphics capability.
Apple also launched the new iPod touch and the Nano, along with a new set of headphones.
- Oman’s Duqm tourist complex moves forward with government approval
- Kuwait fights budget deficit: Reexamining government salaries, expatriate labor
- Tunisian Confederation of Industry, Trade, and Handicrafts fights nationwide unemployment levels
- Construction costs fall in Dubai
- Western tourists flock to Iran, could generate $30B in new revenue
- Selling at double the pace of the iPhone 5, Apple swamped with iPhone 6 record-breaking pre-orders
- Fickle-minded? Apple replaces iPad 2 with iPad 4, launches cheaper iPhone 5C
- Eton Institute’s Spanish Phrase App unveiled on iTunes in time for Apple’s iPhone 5
- What will Apple’s iPhone 7 look like with Force Touch?
- Omanoil’s Facebook competition winners awarded with iPad 3 and iPhone 5 in honor of customer service week