iPhone 5 Launched
After what feels like a lifetime of waiting, the iPhone 5 has finally been released in typical fashion at San Francisco’s Yerba Buena Center, by CEO Tim Cook. Despite many leaks, fans of the Apple product were eagerly awaiting the announcement.
So after the hype, what have we got? The new model is made out of glass and aluminium and is the thinnest phone Apple have ever made, at 7.6mm, and also the lightest, weighing in 120grams. It’s taller, too, enabling an extra row of apps on the screen, with an overall screen size of 10.2cm, resulting in a 16 x 9 ratio.
As leaks suggested, the iPhone will come with a new connector. ‘Lightening’ is 80per cent smaller whilst the phone will also be capable of 4G/LTE connectivity with software of the phone being drastically upgraded from the iPhone 4s, included a new chip – the Apple A6 Chip – along with double the CPU and double the graphics capability.
Apple also launched the new iPod touch and the Nano, along with a new set of headphones.
- New one-stop Smart App Store highly-rated by UAE residents
- GCC to pioneer safe and secure online shopping
- Too much for Big Brother to handle? Will the UAE ban Whatsapp after it turns into a calling app as well?
- Smart Dubai strategic plan launched
- For the first time official data reveals the Middle East's facebook and twitter trends, expect the unexpected!