iPhone 5 Launched
After what feels like a lifetime of waiting, the iPhone 5 has finally been released in typical fashion at San Francisco’s Yerba Buena Center, by CEO Tim Cook. Despite many leaks, fans of the Apple product were eagerly awaiting the announcement.
So after the hype, what have we got? The new model is made out of glass and aluminium and is the thinnest phone Apple have ever made, at 7.6mm, and also the lightest, weighing in 120grams. It’s taller, too, enabling an extra row of apps on the screen, with an overall screen size of 10.2cm, resulting in a 16 x 9 ratio.
As leaks suggested, the iPhone will come with a new connector. ‘Lightening’ is 80per cent smaller whilst the phone will also be capable of 4G/LTE connectivity with software of the phone being drastically upgraded from the iPhone 4s, included a new chip – the Apple A6 Chip – along with double the CPU and double the graphics capability.
Apple also launched the new iPod touch and the Nano, along with a new set of headphones.
- Samsung Electronics Levant holds the prescreening for Marvel’s Avengers: Age of Ultron
- Samsung S6, S6 Edge receive warm welcome in Saudi Arabia
- Mission to Mars: UAE plans Arab region's first unmanned probe
- Eclipsing Facebook and Twitter: WhatsApp most popular social media site for Arabs
- More technology, less fashion: Why fashionistas haven't exactly fallen for Apple's smartwatch
- Selling at double the pace of the iPhone 5, Apple swamped with iPhone 6 record-breaking pre-orders
- Fickle-minded? Apple replaces iPad 2 with iPad 4, launches cheaper iPhone 5C
- Eton Institute’s Spanish Phrase App unveiled on iTunes in time for Apple’s iPhone 5
- Omanoil’s Facebook competition winners awarded with iPad 3 and iPhone 5 in honor of customer service week
- Not so healthy? Apple rolls out iOS 8 to iPhone users but detective bug delays HealthKit availability