Here comes the new iphone 6...
Speculation is rife that a much thinner and faster iPhone will ship out soon, as early as the end of August.
The tech rumour mill is rife with talk about two new Apple iPhones set to be launched within a few weeks.
As anticipation builds ahead of the expected unveiling of the new iPhones, new details about the devices are starting to emerge.
Recent reports also said Apple will announce the new phones at an event September 9.
VentureBeat, a news website for venture capitalists, reported that Apple will release two new phones -- one with a 4.7-inch screen and another with a large 5.5-inch screen -- this fall. It cited a "source with knowledge of the plans".
It added that the 4.7-inch model will be ready to ship by mid-September, the source said while the 5.5-inch model is likely to ship several weeks or about a month later.
A video report shows that the iPhone 6 screen is harder than previous models’ screens but softer than sapphire crystal and will sport a much faster A8 chip and will create noticeably faster response time and graphics rendering in the new phones.
In May, Reuters repored that Apple will unveil the next incarnation of its popular iPhone series this August, one month earlier than industry watchers were generally expecting.
The story was published by Taiwanese media, also citing unidentified "supply-chain sources".
Taiwan's Economic Daily News said a 4.7-inch screen version of the iPhone 6 will reach stores this August, but did not say which markets would receive the phone first.
A 5.5-inch or 5.6-inch model will be released in September, the newspaper said.
People involved in the supply chain had earlier confirmed to Reuters that there will be a 4.7-inch version of the iPhone 6 and a 5.5-inch version.
Here are some of the reported iPhone 6 features:
* Two versions - one for 4.7-inch screen and another 5.5-inch version (to be released later)
* Screens are made of an extremely hard material that’s slightly harder than Gorilla Glass (but not as hard as sapphire)
* A new A8 chip at of 2.0 GHz per core (A7 chips in the iPhone 5 run at only 1.3GHz per core) allows for faster graphics rendering.
* Faster Wi-Fi version (802.11ac) with a chip supplied by Broadcom.
* The cellular modem uses the latest version of Qualcomm’s MDM9x35
* It supports Category 6 LTE, a faster wireless technology that allows top speeds of 300 mbps
* Improved encryption for near field communication (NFC) for mobile payments
* Improved security for biometrics: a fingerprint reader that speed up read times and cut down on false rejections
- US offers $5 million reward for tips that would help take down Daesh’s oil trade
- Oprah snubs BDS over Israeli diamonds
- The UAE harnesses the power of celebrity endorsements
- Gazans reach beyond Israeli blockade through start-up
- Samsung Electronics Levant holds the prescreening for Marvel’s Avengers: Age of Ultron
- Thinner screen, tougher requirements? Why Apple suppliers are truly struggling to supply enough screens for next month's iphone 6 lauch
- Launch of iPhone 5 is imminent, but how did it all start?
- Here comes the frenzy: iphone 6 rumours are already spreading around
- Apple hints at release date for new iPhone
- Apple expected to unveil its new iPhones on September 9