IPRA annual conference to be held in Cairo
The International Public Relations Association (IPRA) will hold its annual conference in Cairo, Egypt this year, for the first time ever to be held in an Arab nation. The conference will be held at the Conrad Cairo Hotel, located on the banks of the river Nile, October 13-15, 2002, under the topic of ‘The importance of public relations in the changing global environment’.
IPRA 2002 Conference will feature presentations and workshops addressing major issues facing the industry worldwide. It will focus on issues such as: NGO corporate partnership, public relations and the economy-restoring confidence, using measurement to lead to effective PR strategy, crises management and media transparency, e-communications, and global partnership between PR and investor relations.
“We were delighted that Egypt has been selected for this prestigious global event,” said Loula Zaklama, member of the Board of Directors of IPRA, and conference chairperson. “Having IPRA 2002 hosted in Egypt this year, is quite an honor not only for me, but for Egypt and the region as well. Now, after 20 years of hard work in the field of public relations, I can see the fruit of the field, as it evolves in the Arab world.” — (menareport.com)
© 2002 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- Exclusive interview with Loula Zaklama: A self-made Egyptian businesswoman
- International Public Relations Association (IPRA) emphasizes transparency and professional education in first UAE chapter meeting
- Ogilvy PR’s global heavyweights come to Cairo for regional conference
- Mastering translation techniques and overcoming challenges addressed at conference held at CMU
- Egypt to Host 2002 Conference on Children and the Media