Iran continues with combating desertification efforts
So far, a total of 2,100,000 hectares of Iran’s deserts have turned into forests, said deputy minister of Agricultural Jihad.
According to the Public Relations Office of Iran’s Forest and Ranges Organization, Samadi stated that the plan is aimed at combating desertification and securing rural roads and farms. The head of the organization noted that they have identified about 6,400,000 hectares of deserts throughout the country.
“Out of 31 provinces, 14 face desert and desertification problems”, Samadi uttered. (menareport.com)
- Desertification risk in Algeria threatens agricultural sector
- FAO: Growing interest by regional states in planting trees to improve water quality and increase food security
- Moroccan agriculture minister claims desertification under control
- OPEC Fund finances fight against desertification in North Africa
- Iran spends US$ 11.5 million on revival of Afghanistan agricultural sector