Iran expects 30% growth in tourism industry
Legal and Parliamentary Deputy Head of the Iran Cultural Heritage and Tourism Organization (ICHTO) said Tuesday that 30 percent growth in tourism industry is expected during the fourth five-year development plan (March 2005-2010) .
According to Irib, Taha Hashemi added attracting 20 million tourists per year and garnering $ 25 billion of revenues in the tourism industry requires vast investment as well as support by the Majlis and relevant officials.
Hashemi added the head of the ICHTO held a joint session with the members of the Majlis industry and mines commission, adding "the Majlis commission is keen on the programs of the ICHTO regarding the tourism industry."
- An unlikely match? Germany invites Iran to partner with Berlin for int'l tourism stock fair
- GCC Investment Strategy and Sectors Outlook for 2006
- Travel and tourism continues as driver for economic growth in UAE; Sector to impact 30% of total UAE’s GDP
- Iran’s tourism to grow by over six percent in 2015
- Mid East world’s fourth largest carpet manufacturer; 25 % industry growth expected within five years