Iran, Germany Sign Customs Cooperation MoU
Iran and Germany recently signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) in Brussels, aiming to expand trade between the two countries and further Tehran-Bonn economic cooperation, reported the official Iranian news agency, IRNA.
Under the agreement, the first of its kind between the Iranian Customs Administration and a European member state, the customs offices will cooperate in data and technical expertise exchanges, trade promotion, custom violations prevention, and fighting drug trafficking, said the press agency. The German customs agency has announced that it will also hold training courses for Iranian customs staff.
An international meeting of heads of customs administrations brought about the signing of the bilateral agreement by Iranian Customs chief Mehdi Karbasian and his German counterpart ― (MENA Report)
© 2001 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- Despite misgivings, Egypt edges closer to GATT compliance
- Iran, Germany Sign MoU on Customs Cooperation
- MoF signs MoU with Jebel Ali Free Zone for the application of international standards on transparency and exchange of information for tax purposes
- Iran, Turkey Sign MoU on Bilateral Cooperation
- Iran, Oman Sign MoU on Economic Cooperation