Iran, Iraq launch project for transporting energy
According to <i>Alsharq</i> newspaper, the Iranian energy minister Habib Allah Betref , and the Iraqi electricity minister Ayham Alsamera'e launched in western Iran a project for transporting energy from Iran to Iraq .
Mr. Betref indicated that Iran may export 370 kilowatt of electric energy annually via this project. He did confirm that project such as this will enhance the relationship between the two nations.
For his turn, Mr. Alsamera'e clarified that this project will provide lighting for the province of Dyali. Additionally, he mentioned that Iraqis will benefit from the Iranian expertise in the reconstruction process and to set up energy stations.
- Transport Minister: Iran seeks to help in reconstruction of Iraq
- Iran’s international energy production worth $6.5 billion, to continue ventures with Syria
- How Turkey's ironic oil ties with Iraqi Kurdistan will affect the rest of the region
- Iran Transport Minister off to Iraq
- Ministry: Saudi Arabia May Use Seized Iraqi Pipeline to Transport Gas