Breaking the ice: Iran establishes task force to reclaim frozen assets
The Central Bank of Iran (CBI) has set up a task force on the return of the country’s assets blocked by the U.S., IRNA quoted a CBI official as saying on Wednesday.
The task force is currently taking preliminary steps for the return of the country’s frozen assets and specifying the exact amount of the properties, the source said, speaking on condition of anonymity.
Iranian government spokesman Mohammad-Baqer Nobakht has confirmed the report that $8 billion of Iranian assets blocked by the U.S. will be released as a result of the deal Iran and the six major powers reached on November 24.
The recent nuclear deal will have a great positive effect on the Iranian economy, IRNA quoted Nobakht as saying on November 25.
- Understanding the ripple effect: 8 reasons the US economy has slowed down in Q1 of 2015
- Can Bahrian emerge from the oil price plunge 'stronger than ever'?
- Egyptian stocks plummet as Yemen confict deepens
- UAE sweetens flotation regulations to attract more investment
- Replacing Switzerland? Why Lebanon isn't keeping its banking secrecy a secret