Breaking the ice: Iran establishes task force to reclaim frozen assets
The Central Bank of Iran (CBI) has set up a task force on the return of the country’s assets blocked by the U.S., IRNA quoted a CBI official as saying on Wednesday.
The task force is currently taking preliminary steps for the return of the country’s frozen assets and specifying the exact amount of the properties, the source said, speaking on condition of anonymity.
Iranian government spokesman Mohammad-Baqer Nobakht has confirmed the report that $8 billion of Iranian assets blocked by the U.S. will be released as a result of the deal Iran and the six major powers reached on November 24.
The recent nuclear deal will have a great positive effect on the Iranian economy, IRNA quoted Nobakht as saying on November 25.
- What's going on with MENA debt capital markets?
- Rachel Corrie vs. Arab Bank: hypocrisy and injustice in the US' legal system
- Iraqi Kurdistan seeks investor funds amidst independence 'grey area'
- Britian's financial sector displaying sharia-compliant tendencies
- Excessive caution? Why 'perfectly legitimate' SME's are struggling to find financing in the UAE