Iran plans major zinc mine tender
Hedayatollah Aqaii, Iran's deputy Minister of Industries and Mines for mines affairs said on Tuesday that a tender would be issued on Mahdiabad zinc mine, if the Australian UniCapital Corporation fails to extract minerals from this mine.
“The Australian UniCapital Corporation has been holding shares in the zinc mine of Mahdiabad for years and has made some investment on exploration operations”, he said, according to MNA.
Aqaii predicts that the tender would be announced within the next couple of months, stating, the amount of investment would also be determined in the tender.
Located in central Iran, 550 km south of Tehran, Mahdiabad zinc mine is the largest zinc mine in the world that has not been exploited yet.
- Canadian mineral firm reports 24 % increase in Tunisian zinc output for 4Q 2002
- Canadian-Algerian zinc projects fall through
- global investment house- kuwait – iran economic & strategic outlook – manufacturing and mining & oil sectors
- Middle East digs deep to attract investors in mining
- Iranian steel industry needs $3.7B