Iran plans significant expansion of cement industry
At present, the capacity of Iran’s cement industry is about 30 million tons per annum, but the figure should rise to 72 million tons by 2021, news reports said on Monday.
The Ministry of Industries and Mines’ Management and Planning Organization and the Mineral Industries Bureau recently announced that cement producing units are currently working at 90 percent of their nominal capacity that still results in an annual shortage of about 42 million tons. According to MNA, the production capacity should be increased to 72 million ton annually to satisfy future market demands.
Establishing new cement producing units as well as improving the current production lines are inevitable measures, the report asserted. (menareport.com)
© 2004 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- Nine cement plants under construction in Iran
- Egyptian cement production reaches 2.73 million tons in August
- Suez Cement Company profits reach EP 130 million in first half of 2000
- Egyptian cement production reaches 2.4 million tons in September
- Sharjah Cement Company records $15 million net profits for 2003