Iran to produce 20,000 megawatts of electrical power from nuclear power plants
Iran aims at producing 20,000 megawatts of electrical power from its nuclear power plants, the chairman of Majlis' National Security and Foreign Policy Commission, Alaeddin Boroujerdi, said on Tuesday.
"Electricity generation from nuclear energy is a small part of the nuclear energy program. Iran's progress in many other scientific fields will depend on production of this clean energy. Iran plans to use the nuclear energy program envisioned during the pre-revolution era, when the West had close relations with Iran. At that time, the Western states had accepted generation of 23,000 megawatts of electricity in Iran from nuclear energy," he said, according to Irna.
- GCC's big energy collective splurge of $252 Billion
- A sneak Israeli preview on Iran: Is Ahmadinejad taking a nuclear time-out to champion the Shia Spring?
- How Nuclear Power Plants Generate Electricity ?
- Iran to generate 124,000 megawatt hours per year from wind power plant
- Iran to open fuel line for nuclear plant, calls on UN for reforms