Iran produces over 25m tons of cement in 4 months
Iran plans to increase its cement output up to 85 million tons by the end of the next Iranian Calendar year
Iran produced 25.65 million tons of cement in the first four months of the current Iranian calendar year, which began on March 21, according to the secretary of the union of cement industry employers.
The figure shows a 5 percent rise compared to the same period in the past year, the Mehr News Agency quoted Abdolreza Sheikhan as saying.
The cement output hit 6.68 million tons in the fourth calendar month of Tir (March 21-July 22), he added.
In December 2012, Iranian Industry, Mine, and Trade Deputy Minister Vajiollah Jafari said by reaching the annual output capacity of 115 million tons, Iran will become world's third largest cement producer in the coming years.
Iran's cement output will reach 75 million tons by the end of current Iranian calendar year, ISNA reported.
Iran plans to increase its cement output up to 85 million tons by the end of the next Iranian Calendar year.
The world's total cement production in 2011 stood at 3.6 billion tons.
Iran plans to export 12 million tons of cement in the current calendar year.
Industry, Mine and Trade Minister Mehdi Ghazanfari said in August 2012 that the country's cement production capacity will reach 110 million tons by 2015.
Iran exported cement to 24 countries including Iraq, Azerbaijan, Turkmenistan, Afghanistan, Russia, Kazakhstan, Kuwait, Pakistan, Qatar, Turkey, the United Arab Emirates, Georgia, Oman, India, and China in the past Iranian year.
- Oman’s Duqm tourist complex moves forward with government approval
- Kuwait fights budget deficit: Reexamining government salaries, expatriate labor
- Tunisian Confederation of Industry, Trade, and Handicrafts fights nationwide unemployment levels
- Construction costs fall in Dubai
- Western tourists flock to Iran, could generate $30B in new revenue
- Iran’s 3-month cement output surpasses 19m tons
- Who's facing a crisis here? Egypt imports 60,000 tons of wheat from Ukraine
- FL Smidth wins €14 million cement plant expansion contract in Iran
- Iranian Khazar Cement selects FL Smidth to modernize facilities
- Iran exports more than 900,000 tons of various steel products