Iran produces over 25m tons of cement in 4 months
Iran plans to increase its cement output up to 85 million tons by the end of the next Iranian Calendar year
Iran produced 25.65 million tons of cement in the first four months of the current Iranian calendar year, which began on March 21, according to the secretary of the union of cement industry employers.
The figure shows a 5 percent rise compared to the same period in the past year, the Mehr News Agency quoted Abdolreza Sheikhan as saying.
The cement output hit 6.68 million tons in the fourth calendar month of Tir (March 21-July 22), he added.
In December 2012, Iranian Industry, Mine, and Trade Deputy Minister Vajiollah Jafari said by reaching the annual output capacity of 115 million tons, Iran will become world's third largest cement producer in the coming years.
Iran's cement output will reach 75 million tons by the end of current Iranian calendar year, ISNA reported.
Iran plans to increase its cement output up to 85 million tons by the end of the next Iranian Calendar year.
The world's total cement production in 2011 stood at 3.6 billion tons.
Iran plans to export 12 million tons of cement in the current calendar year.
Industry, Mine and Trade Minister Mehdi Ghazanfari said in August 2012 that the country's cement production capacity will reach 110 million tons by 2015.
Iran exported cement to 24 countries including Iraq, Azerbaijan, Turkmenistan, Afghanistan, Russia, Kazakhstan, Kuwait, Pakistan, Qatar, Turkey, the United Arab Emirates, Georgia, Oman, India, and China in the past Iranian year.
- Revealed: the top ten paid people in the UAE
- With 903 dead in six months, Turkey's job safety, or lack thereof, comes under fire again
- Bayt.com survey reveals the "Ramadan effect'" on the workplace
- Time for some basic labour rights? Why hiring Filipino housemaids just got almost impossible in the UAE
- Will Emirates' order cancellation mark a decisive blow to Airbus?
- Iran’s 3-month cement output surpasses 19m tons
- Cement trading to resume between Iran and Iraq
- Turkish cement production reaches 18.4 million tons in first 8 months of 2003
- Vassilico Cement’s sales reach 950,000 tons in first 9 months of 2003
- Egyptian cement production reaches 2.73 million tons in August