Iran racks in the tourists
Photos from scenic destinations of Fars province, Iran (Source: Wikimedia)
Disable alert for TehranTehran,
Create alert for Iranian Cultural Heritage, Tourism, and Handicrafts OrganizationIranian Cultural Heritage, Tourism, and Handicrafts Organization,
Create alert for D-8 Organization for Economic CooperationD-8 Organization for Economic Cooperation
Iran earned around $8 billion in tourism income in the past Iranian calendar year, which began on March 21, the Iranian Cultural Heritage, Tourism, and Handicrafts Organization deputy director said.
He made the remarks on the sidelines of the second meeting of the Developing Eight (D-8) countries on tourism, which was held in Tehran on Monday.
Iran attracted some 4 million foreign tourists in the past Iranian calendar year, he noted.
The D-8 is a group of developing countries with large Muslim populations that have formed an economic development alliance.
It consists of Bangladesh, Egypt, Indonesia, Iran, Malaysia, Nigeria, Pakistan, and Turkey.
The objectives of D-8 Organization for Economic Cooperation are to improve member states’ position in the global economy, diversify and create new opportunities in trade relations, enhance participation in decision-making at an international level, and improve standards of living.
- Saudi SMEs v overseas enterprises. Who is the winner?
- Why does inflation continue to rise in the UAE?
- With Sisi likely to take over, how will Egypt's 'military economy' look like?
- Will future talks between the IMF and Egypt help the country's economy?
- Is Iran's economy already thriving amidst limited sanctions relief? Apparently so!