Talk about a trade relationship! Iran-China trade ties surpass $30 billion
All in all, Iran’s trade balance with 96 countries was positive in the first eight months of 2013, according to data released by the Iranian Customs Administration Office.
The value of trade between Iran and China stood at $31 billion in the first ten months of 2013, the Chinese ambassador to Tehran announced.
The two-way trade grew by 5.3 percent in the first ten months of 2013 in comparison to the corresponding time last year, IRNA quoted Chinese Ambassador Yuhang Yang as saying on Monday.
The bilateral trade amount to $36 billion in 2012, the diplomat added.
In December 2013, the Iran-China Joint Chamber of Commerce Chairman Asadollah Asgaroladi announced that the annual trade between Iran and China may reach $38 billion by the end of the current Iranian calendar year (March 20, 2014).
The development of [Iran’s] non-oil exports, [the expansion of] joint ventures, and the enhancement of banking cooperation (through purchasing shares of Chinese banks by Iranian entities) are our main objectives in the chamber of commerce, he explained.
Iran’s non-oil exports to China exceeded $4.5 billion in the first half of the current Iranian calendar year, he said, adding that the figure is hoped to reach $9 billion by the yearend, Asgaroladi stated.
Iran’s trade balance with 96 countries was positive in the first eight months of 2013, according to data released by the Iranian Customs Administration Office.
- Just BS? Why Israel's anti-BDS law can't really stop BDS internationally
- Malnourished economy: global hunger leading to $2 trillion loss in world GDP
- Going green: UAE looks to save Dh6.98b a year by 2030 with renewable energy
- Diversify and dump the slump in the GCC
- Supervising the stoners: Egyptian tobacco traders call for the legalization of cannabis
- Azerbaijan's Not-So-Secret Love Affair with Israel Provokes Mideast
- Dubai-China trade rises by 47 percent reaches AED 71.2 billion in 2007
- Iran, Turkey promote bilateral ties despite divide over Syria
- It's complicated: How China is about to win big from European-Russian tensions... at the expense of the GCC