Talk about a trade relationship! Iran-China trade ties surpass $30 billion
All in all, Iran’s trade balance with 96 countries was positive in the first eight months of 2013, according to data released by the Iranian Customs Administration Office.
Create alert for TehranTehran,
Create alert for IRNAIRNA,
Create alert for AsgaroladiAsgaroladi,
Create alert for Yuhang YangYuhang Yang,
Create alert for Iranian Customs Administration OfficeIranian Customs Administration Office,
Create alert for Iran-China Joint Chamber of CommerceIran-China Joint Chamber of Commerce
The value of trade between Iran and China stood at $31 billion in the first ten months of 2013, the Chinese ambassador to Tehran announced.
The two-way trade grew by 5.3 percent in the first ten months of 2013 in comparison to the corresponding time last year, IRNA quoted Chinese Ambassador Yuhang Yang as saying on Monday.
The bilateral trade amount to $36 billion in 2012, the diplomat added.
In December 2013, the Iran-China Joint Chamber of Commerce Chairman Asadollah Asgaroladi announced that the annual trade between Iran and China may reach $38 billion by the end of the current Iranian calendar year (March 20, 2014).
The development of [Iran’s] non-oil exports, [the expansion of] joint ventures, and the enhancement of banking cooperation (through purchasing shares of Chinese banks by Iranian entities) are our main objectives in the chamber of commerce, he explained.
Iran’s non-oil exports to China exceeded $4.5 billion in the first half of the current Iranian calendar year, he said, adding that the figure is hoped to reach $9 billion by the yearend, Asgaroladi stated.
Iran’s trade balance with 96 countries was positive in the first eight months of 2013, according to data released by the Iranian Customs Administration Office.
- Gulf markets may consolidate with oil back below $60
- Dubai trade tops Dh1 trillion
- Is the Syrian crisis boosting Jordan's agricultural exports? Kingdom sees more than Dead Sea product exposure with 2014's increased fruit, veg, sheep trade abroad
- The only way is up! Dubai index pushes back, makes inroads to recover November performance
- What's its secret? Kuwait sustains non-oil growth for two years
- Azerbaijan's Not-So-Secret Love Affair with Israel Provokes Mideast
- Dubai-China trade rises by 47 percent reaches AED 71.2 billion in 2007
- Iran, Turkey promote bilateral ties despite divide over Syria
- It's complicated: How China is about to win big from European-Russian tensions... at the expense of the GCC