Iran: Tourism revenues amount to US$ 500 million per year
Head of Iran Cultural Heritage and Tourism Organization (ICHTO) Hossein Marashi said on Monday that Iran's revenues from tourism amounts to some US$ 500 million per year.
Speaking to reporters, he added that it is estimated that the figure will stand at US$ 2 billion by the end of the fourth five-year development plan (March 20005-2010).
According to IRIB, he added that currently, Iran's share in the world tourism revenues is a meager 0.0001 percent.
Marashi said the average growth of the tourism in the third five year development plan (March 2000-2005) stood at 6.5 percent. (menareport.com)
- An unlikely match? Germany invites Iran to partner with Berlin for int'l tourism stock fair
- WD caps strong year with Q4 revenue of US$ 1.1 billion and net income of US$.53 per share including US$ 35 million in favourable adjustments
- Etihad Airways adds 500,000 passengers as revenues surge 28 per cent in Q1
- Iran surplus from oil revenues amounts to $10 billion
- Paltel Announces Cash Dividends Distribution of US$0.49per Share Amounting to US$64.98mn During its General Assembly