Iranian power plant inaugurated
A 35-megawatt Kouhrang Hydro Power Plant was inaugurated in the southwestern province of Chahar Mahal Bakhtiari province Tuesday in the presence of Iranian Energy Minister Habibollah Bitaraf and a number of local officials.
The plant, established at a cost of 350 billion rials, has a projected capacity of 128 million kilowatt-hours of energy annually. Kouhrang Hydro Power Plant has created 600 job opportunities for provincial residents, according to IRNA news agency.
Speaking at the inaugural ceremony, Bitaraf said that with the plant`s operation, the country`s electricity production will rise from 4,000 megawatts to 12,000 megawatts by the end of the fourth Five-Year Development Plan.
He said 500 megawatts of total electricity supply is to be provided by the country`s private sector. The Kouhrang Hydro Power Plant is located 86 kilometers west of the provincial capital Shahr-e Kord.
- 400 kW power plant inaugurated at Aliabad, Iran
- Trial operation to start at Iran’s first nuclear power plant
- Iran ready to help Russian contractor Bushehr power plant
- His Majesty King of Spain Juan Carlos I and His Highness Sheikh Mohamed bin Zayed Al Nahyan inaugurate first 24-Hour Solar Power Plant in Spain
- Khatami inaugurates power plant