Iranian steel industry to expand
Implementation of three governmental steel projects in Iran will boost the Islamic Republic’s production capacity by 1 million ton by year end (March 20, 2006).
According to MNA, the second phase of the expansion plan at Mobarakeh Steel Co., renewal and renovation of National Iranian Steel Industrial Group’s rolling mill and Danieli’s supplementary project at Khuzestan Steel are three governmental projects to come on stream by the end of this year.
Mobarakeh Steel Company’s current capacity stands at 3.8 million tons and after the completion of development plan, its steel production would reach 4.2 million tons.
The Khuzestan Steel mill will increase its production capacity from the current 2.15 million tons to 2.4 million tons annually.
- Gulf Investment Corporation expands its investment in the iron & steel industry in the GCC region
- Iranian steel company to boost production capacity
- Emirates Steel expands product portfolio to include 40mm rebar
- Zamil Steel Industries expands export boundaries to Iceland
- Iranian steel industry needs $3.7B