$150bn worth Iraq projects attract aviation industry giants
Planes are seen on January 22, 2009 at Baghdad airport in Baghdad, Iraq
Global aviation industry giants will be in Iraq this September to attend a major industry event and also tap the vast growth potential in the country's burgeoning aviation industry which is witnessing massive investments to the tune of $150 billion, said experts.
Third annual Iraq Airport, Aviation & Logistics Show will be held from September 25 to 26 at Baghdad International airport.
Significant steps towards the reconstruction of the civil aviation sector have been taken by the state authority, said the event organisers, Arabian Reach.
The event will provide an insight about $150 billion worth of airports, aviation & logistics infrastructural projects currently underway in Iraq and will offer an unrivalled combination of high quality networking and business development opportunities in the country, they stated.
There is more positive hope and huge prospects for long-term growth and this year's show will reflect the enthusiasm and interest among the buyers and suppliers of technology and services from across the world, said the organisers.
In his comments, Iraq Minister of Transport Hadi Al Ameri said the government had a clear vision and plan to develop world class facilities as well as a strong strategy for rebuilding Iraqi Airways as an international airline.
"Iraq's major airports infrastructure enhancement program is underway and provincial governments are upgrading existing airports as well as planning the construction of new airports to cater the growing demand," he stated.
"The objectives of lraq's transport development plan will address the capacity, integration and security of the existing network, as well as developing cargo transport to boost the sector's contribution to gross domestic product," he added.
Welcoming international suppliers to the event, Al Ameri said Iraq will require both expertise and funding from the private sector to execute the many planned transport projects.
"The presence of high profile panel of senior decision makers from the government and the suppliers will make the event a must attend as the Iraq Airport, Aviation & Logistics Show will be your check in point and the gateway to enter in to a highly emerging lucrative business market," he added. Iraq Airport Show will be a tremendous success commercially.
Over 70 exhibitors and more than 3000 trade visitors, ministry officials and diplomats are expected to attend the event, says Raj Menon, principle host at Arabian Reach.
- Nip, tuck: Dubai's grand plans for being a major player in medical tourism
- Zain, UNHCR, Facebook to bring free internet access to urban refugees in Jordan
- Yemen Central Bank headquarters to relocate from Sanaa to Aden
- IMF report details the crippling economic effects of conflict in MENA
- Start Up Lebanon entrepreneurs head to Silicon Valley Roadshow
- Massive airport construction to attract investments, delay travelers
- Upcoming aviation summit could put Iraq's $50 billion industry back on the map!
- Tenders worth up to US$2 billion for work on Qatar’s New Doha International Airport to be issued in May
- Moroccan-Libyan aviation project underway
- Massive Show For Giant Vehicles