Iraq exports black oil to Russia via Caspian Sea
Iraq is exporting black oil to Russia through the Iranian port of Anzali in the Caspian Sea, Gilan Province Port Management Head Farhad Montaser Kuhsari said today, ISNA reported.
Kuhsari said that black oil is transported by special trucks from Bashmag city in Iraq to the Iranian port of Anzali, and from there via ships to the port of Makhachkala in Russia.
According to him, around 100 tons of black oil are planned to be exported through the port of Anzali to Russia.
"Currently, a ship is loaded with 2,000 tons of black oil and tomorrow it will move to Makhachkala," he added.
Kuhsari also added that there are conditions for the swap and transit of oil and oil products at the Anzali port.
"It is planned to construct a pipeline for transporting oil and oil products from the port of Anzali to Tehran in the future," he stressed.
- Gazans reach beyond Israeli blockade through start-up
- France is playing a risky dating game in the Gulf: experts
- Egyptian stocks plummet as Yemen confict deepens
- Mission to Mars: UAE plans Arab region's first unmanned probe
- Supervising the stoners: Egyptian tobacco traders call for the legalization of cannabis