Iraq to build at least 10 mobile oil refining units
(MEBG) – Iraq currently is building 10 mobile refineries, with capacity of 10,000 barrels per day, Iraqi officials told the Times of India One of the refineries is already being tested Officials, speaking on condition of anonymity, stressed that the mobile facilities will be used should any of Iraq's major refineries in Beiji, Baghdad or Basra be hit by technical faults or U.S. and British air strikes.
Mobile units were first imported during Iraq’s war with Iran. It was not clear whether parts of the old systems are being cannibalized to build the new ones.
Iraq's existing refineries are currently running a surplus of more than 100,00 barrels a day mainly of fuel oil, gas oil, kerosene and diesel fuel.
© 2000 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- A game changer for the ME's oil exporters? Exxon eyes major refinery expansion in the US
- Are Iraq's oil ambitions going down the drain?
- Basra: Construction of new refinery, WTC building
- Not Iraq, not Iran: when it comes to oil rivalry Saudi Arabia's biggest contender is right next door
- Iraq: Fighting sanctions with oil