Iraq credit card company launched
In the first such move since the ouster of Saddam Hussein, Iraq's Central Bank Tuesday announced the founding of the National Company for Limited Financial Services in the southern city of Basra.
The Central Bank said in a statement that the firm will specialize in issuing the Al-Fayhaa credit card. The statement quoted Director General of the bank's Basra branch, Zuhair Ali Akbar, as saying that the company is privately-owned.
Akbar said that credit cards will soon be used in Basra, then the rest of Iraqi cities and the outside world, following an agreement between the company and the Middle East Bank.
- Undeterred by the IS or a legacy of grudges, Kuwait Energy keen on investing in Iraq
- International Cards Company Launches New 2006 FIFA World Cup MasterCard Credit Card
- Emirates NBD in partnership with dnata Travel and MasterCard launch new credit card for frequent travellers
- Emirates Money collaborates with MasterCard to make foray into credit cards for business owners
- Emirates NBD launches Dnata MasterCard Platinum Card