Iraq expected to intensify efforts in environment sector
The Iraqi ministry of environment confirmed that there are many efforts to assist Iraq to join the Vienna Agreements and Montreal Protocol to protect the Ozone layer and dangerous waste.
A source at the ministry has clarified that these efforts are part of the ministry plans to protect the environment and prepare an updated database in order to curtail causes of pollution in Iraq.
He added, according to <i>Almendhar</i> newspaper, that the WHO expressed its readiness to train Iraqis in the field of qualitative tests for drinking water and industrial control.
It should be noted that the World Bank has recently allocated US$25 million to as an emergency grant for environmental projects in Iraq.
- Saudi Arabia intensifies reform efforts to improve competitiveness
- U.S. soldier killed in grenade blast in Baghdad as Bremer expects intensified attacks
- US$25 million project to equip Iraqi hospitals
- High Growth Rate Led By Saudi Private Sector Increases Demand For Luxury Properties
- Dubai Chamber identifies opportunities in Iraq’s Islamic finance sector