Iraq to manufacture oil tankers
The Iraqi Railways Authority has recently begun manufacturing oil-shipping containers. This marks the first time Iraq has manufactured such vessels, according to Al-Quds Al-Arabi daily.
The authority’s director general, Thabit Gharib, stated that Iraq decided to begin producing the tankers locally rather than importing them from abroad since it has been facing difficulties in obtaining oil shipment containers from foreign sources.
Iraqi technicians and engineers will initially produce 50 out of the 250 planned containers. The capacity of each container stands at 59,000 liters. — (MENA Report)
© 2001 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- Oil tankers stuck at Iraqi-Jordanian border
- Iraqi oil shipment containers to be manufactured
- UAE manufacturers helping Emirates to move away from imported goods
- It's American business, after all: US judge allows Iraq to sue Kurdistan over Texas oil tanker
- Disputed Kurdish oil tanker disappears off Texas coast