Iraq: Plan to build 1 million housing units
The Iraqi Construction and Housing Ministry plans to build 1 million housing units by 2010, the Iraqi newspaper Al-Sabah has reported. The Iraqi Minister of Construction and Housing, Jasem Mohammad Jaafar, stressed that the ministry would be able to construct this number of housing units, taking into account a stabilization of the political and security conditions.
Jaafar was speaking in a symposium organized by the Ministry as part of the activities of the Iraqi Housing Week. He stated the ministry aims at providing an appropriate housing unit for every Iraqi family. He mentioned that the ministry laid down the foundation stone for more than 10 towns in various Iraqi provinces, in addition to the other housing projects included in the 2006 development program.
- Saudi women married to expats to finally receive housing support.....under a series of ridiculous conditions
- Algeian government to build 1 million housing units
- Algeria vows to build 1 million housing units
- Iraq to build 400 housing units
- The Ministry of Construction and Housing’s Strategic Plans for Emerging Iraq