Iraq plans massive development in southern region
Al-Hayat newspaper has recently reported on planned projects to develop the southern part of Iraq. These projects will be implemented after the formation of the new government.
The paper noted that these projects include the completion of a sea port in southern Iraq by 2007 with an investment of $5 billion; signing of trade agreements with neighboring states such as Kuwait and Iran; building a railroad network to connect these ports with Kuwait, Iraq, and Iran; the building of a railroad to connect Iraq with Saudi Arabia.
- Undeterred by the IS or a legacy of grudges, Kuwait Energy keen on investing in Iraq
- Time for MENA youth to 'build' their CVs: Arabtec launching massive, region-wide hiring campaign
- Massive railway investment in MENA region
- Salala's massive infrastructure development drive
- AIRPORT SHOW SPOTLIGHTS MASSIVE REGIONAL DEVELOPENT AND MAJOR ISSUES FOR OPERATORS