Iraqi state employees get paid
According to <i>Al-Fourat</i> newspaper, sources in the Iraqi Ministry of Treasury reported that the ministry has allocated the necessary funds to pay the state-employees, who have not received their salaries for more than six months.
These employees will soon receive their cash salaries based on their latest monthly wage rather than the old procedures. The ministry has also decided to consider Saturdays as an official holiday in addition to Fridays. It's worth mentioning that some state-employees have not received salaries for some years.
- Iraq: Employees of Ministry of Defense to get salaries
- Egypt: Public sector workers getting paid shows resilience of economy, claims minister
- Perception or reality? Almost 45% of women working in ME believe they are paid less than men
- No 'Islamic' finance here: the Islamic State's banking policy and the 'experts' behind it
- Iraqi Oil-for-Food Program gets six-month extension