Islamic Bank to help fund Bahrain causeway
Bahrain has signed a $31.26 million agreement with the Islamic Development Bank to help finance the construction of a causeway, Bahraini newspapers reported Wednesday, September 5.
The total cost of the ShAikh Salman Bin Khalifa causeway, which will link the two largest Bahraini islands, is estimated at some $114 million.
Under the deal concluded Tuesday, September 4, the Jeddah-based IDB will extend a soft loan to Manama to fund a segment of the marine bridge part of the causeway, the Bahrain Tribune said.
The new causeway will be the third to link Bahrain with Muharraq, the second largest island of the Gulf archipelago. — (AFP, Manama)
© Agence France Presse 2001
© 2001 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- Concrete linkages: ‘terrestrial’ causeway to link Kingdom and Bahrain
- Islamic Bank to help fund Bahrain causeway
- Islamic Bank to loan Bahrain $31 million for causeway
- WORLD ISLAMIC FUNDS CONFERENCE TO BE HELD IN BAHRAIN
- Shamil Bank announces launch of first Islamic fund for investment in high-growth China real estate market