Islamic banking conference in Bahrain
Members of the Islamic banking community will be gathering in Bahrain on October 28 and 29, for the 2000 World Islamic Banking Conference, which will be held at the Bahrain Conference in Manama.
“The aim of the conference is to advance the development of the Islamic banking and finance and the participation of the renowned speakers will undoubtedly facilitate a high-level dialogue between the international Islamic financial community, government officials, conventional financial institutions, major IT solutions companies and leading academies,” said Ehsan Abbas, Chairman of Middle East Global Advisers (MEGA), the event organizers, quoted in the Bahrain tribune.
Among the speakers at the conference were Abdullah Hassan Saif, Bahrain’s minister of finance and national economy; Shaukat Aziz, the Pakistani minister of finance; Shaikh Abdullah bin Khalifa Al Khalifa , the governor of Bahrain Monetary Agency; Dr Zeti Akhtar Aziz, the governor of the Central Bank of Malaysia; Professor Samuel Hayes of Harvard Business School, Manual Conthe of the World Bank; and Ghiath Shabsigh of the International Monetary Fund. — (Albawaba-MEBG)
- Bahrain to host Islamic banking conference
- Bahrain conference predicts growth for Islamic banking sector
- Islamic Banker of the Year to be declared at World Islamic Banking Conference
- The BMA Organises an Islamic Finance Workshop in Tokyo
- International Islamic Financial Market attracts large number of delegates for Indonesia conference and workshop