Islamic finance industry one of the fastest growing in the world
With an estimated growth rate of 15-20 percent, the Islamic finance industry will continue to be one of the fastest growing components of the global financial system, industry experts have asserted.
Most obervers agree that international markets are witnessing an expanding demand for Islamic financial products and services even beyond the traditional markets of South East Asia and the Middle East.
The experts made the statement in a prelude to the 8th Annual World Islamic Funds and Financial Markets Conference (WIFFMC 2012), that will open today at the Gulf Hotel in the Kingdom.
To be held under the theme 'New Growth Horizons: Expanding the Global Footprint of Islamic Funds and Investments', the two-day event will gather leading players, industry thought leaders and key regulators in the international Islamic funds and investments industry for discussions that will seek to capitalise on the new opportunities and chart the future direction of the global Sharia-compliant funds and investments industry.
The Central Bank of Bahrain (CBB) is the official patron of the conference and the apex bank's Executive Director for Financial Institutions Supervision Abdul Rahman Al Baker will deliver the opening keynote address.
Speaking ahead of the event, Mr. Al Baker said: "The Islamic funds industry has gained significant interest as a viable and efficient alternative model of financial intermediation."
- Understanding the ripple effect: 8 reasons the US economy has slowed down in Q1 of 2015
- Can Bahrian emerge from the oil price plunge 'stronger than ever'?
- Egyptian stocks plummet as Yemen confict deepens
- UAE sweetens flotation regulations to attract more investment
- Replacing Switzerland? Why Lebanon isn't keeping its banking secrecy a secret
- Fast growing Islamic finance sector worth $200 billion
- Kurdistan: endless opportunities in one of the world's fastest growing economies
- Visa report reveals MENA fastest growing e-commerce region worldwide with 45% year-on-year growth
- Bahrain Islamic finance industry to grow
- Leading Regulators to Discuss Strengthening Industry Foundations at the 17th Annual World Islamic Banking Conference