Arab economices need 'International Standards'
Arab economies need to better coordinate ISO effort, according to a Saudi expert
Click here to add International Organization for Standardization as an alert
Disable alert for International Organization ...,
Click here to add Metrology as an alert
Disable alert for Metrology,
Click here to add Quality Organization as an alert
Disable alert for Quality Organization,
Click here to add Saad Al-Qasabi as an alert
Disable alert for Saad Al-Qasabi,
Click here to add Saudi Standards as an alert
Disable alert for Saudi Standards,
Click here to add Tawfiq Al-Rabiah as an alert
Disable alert for Tawfiq Al-Rabiah
Arab countries should coordinate efforts at ISO-organized technical events, said Minister of Commerce and Industry and Board Chairman of Saudi Standards, Metrology and Quality Organization (SASO) Tawfiq Al-Rabiah.
He called for the promotion of metrology, quality and standards to serve Arab economies and their peoples.
The minister addressed the inaugural session of a forum for managers and executives concerned with metrology and standards departments in the Arab countries yesterday. SASO and the International Organization for Standardization (ISO) jointly organized the three-day event. Saudi Arabia enjoys full ISO membership.
The forum was set up to exchange expertize and explore challenges facing metrology and standards bodies in Arab countries.
SASO Gov. Saad Al-Qasabi stressed the need for developing countries, including the Arab states, to receive support from ISO to achieve internationally recognized standards.
The level of Arab participation in ISO technical committees should increase, said Al-Qasabi, to expand the effectiveness of the Arabs as a regional group. He said this would reflect in the quality of Arab products and services.
- Tunisia 2020 investment conference: 145 mega projects on offer
- Coca-Cola inaugurates $20M bottling plant in Gaza
- GCC tax on expats' income and remittances would be highly regressive: IMF
- 'The worst is over for Qatar's trade balance': BMI Research
- Sotheby's to open Dubai office as MENA falls for the lure of the auction
- Middle East needs representation on International Accounting Standards Board
- Saudi Standards, Metrology and Quality Organization
- Urgent legislation needed to enforce international accounting standards
- Most banks ready for new international regulations - banking chief
- International security expert to speak at UAE standards conference