It's no longer just about the city centres: more metros coming to Saudi Arabia
Saudi Arabia's Cabinet has decided to implement integrated public transport systems, including Metros and buses, in Dammam and Qatif cities, a report said.
The cabinet also set up a high-level committee under the Eastern Province governor to implement the project in phases over the next seven years, said the Arab News report.
The cabinet, chaired by Crown Prince Salman, deputy premier and minister of defense, authorised the region’s governorate to establish a private company to supervise the implementation of the project, it said.
Saudi Arabia is currently implementing Metro projects in Jeddah and Riyadh.
- Tourism is the real target of the Tunisia attacks: industry set to suffer
- FIFA scandal probe: No deaths in 2022 World Cup construction, Qatar says
- The UAE harnesses the power of celebrity endorsements
- Gazans reach beyond Israeli blockade through start-up
- France is playing a risky dating game in the Gulf: experts