It's no longer just about the city centres: more metros coming to Saudi Arabia
Saudi Arabia's Cabinet has decided to implement integrated public transport systems, including Metros and buses, in Dammam and Qatif cities, a report said.
The cabinet also set up a high-level committee under the Eastern Province governor to implement the project in phases over the next seven years, said the Arab News report.
The cabinet, chaired by Crown Prince Salman, deputy premier and minister of defense, authorised the region’s governorate to establish a private company to supervise the implementation of the project, it said.
Saudi Arabia is currently implementing Metro projects in Jeddah and Riyadh.
- Egyptian stocks plummet as Yemen confict deepens
- Mission to Mars: UAE plans Arab region's first unmanned probe
- Supervising the stoners: Egyptian tobacco traders call for the legalization of cannabis
- Ethiopia launches $2.8m research survey for Nile basin development
- UAE sweetens flotation regulations to attract more investment