It's no longer just about the city centres: more metros coming to Saudi Arabia
Saudi Arabia's Cabinet has decided to implement integrated public transport systems, including Metros and buses, in Dammam and Qatif cities, a report said.
The cabinet also set up a high-level committee under the Eastern Province governor to implement the project in phases over the next seven years, said the Arab News report.
The cabinet, chaired by Crown Prince Salman, deputy premier and minister of defense, authorised the region’s governorate to establish a private company to supervise the implementation of the project, it said.
Saudi Arabia is currently implementing Metro projects in Jeddah and Riyadh.
- Giant transport system planned for KSA
- Saudi Arabia makes the grade by placing higher education as its top priority
- Saudi Arabia to build residential units city in Gaza
- Saudi sizes up Islamic Development Bank share, increases holding to $6.85 billion
- Saudi Arabia to establish first Integrated Technology Zone