Japan finances electricity training course for Iraqis
A special training course began at the training center of the Iraqi electricity company with the cooperation of the Japanese International Cooperation Agency (JAICA). A spokesman for the Japanese agency said that this training course is part of the Japanese assistance to Iraq.
He added that Japan is committed to Iraq's development. He mentioned that Japan assisted Iraq with US$5 billion (US$1.5 billion as a grant and US$3.54 billion as an assistance for reconstruction).
Concerning the training course, he said that it is intended to teach Iraqi about the skills of dealing with electrical projects and providing them with the latest updates and equipment in that field.
- Japan makes $1.5 billion contribution to Iraq reconstruction effort
- ”Cable Jointing and Optical Fiber Splicing” training for Iraqis
- Jordan's $3.15 million wish granted by Japan
- Training sessions for officials at Iraqi ministry of planning and development cooperation
- New agreement to train Iraqi electricity ministry employees in Jordan