Burgeoning trade ties between UAE and Japan
The trade exchange between the UAE and Japan increased 15 per cent on year in the first half of 2012 to AED100 billion ($27.2 million), Abu Dhabi’s Department of Economic Development (DED) stated citing a recent report by the Japanese External Trade Organization (JETRO)
JETRO’s statistics showed a 10.2 per cent rise in the Emirati exports to Japan in the first half of 2012. This included oil product exports that were valued AED83.06 billion compared to AED75.5 billion during the same period in 2011.
- Fully booked for post-sanctions business: Iran's five star hotels are buzzing with Western business delegations
- The source of all brain drain: Lebanon's university graduates downbeat about their future prospects
- Is Erdogan's party waging a 'holy war' against the free market economy?
- Costs and benefits: the tough economics of hosting the World Cup
- Mind the gap: descripancy between income and social development persists in the Middle East