Jazeera winning over Dubai, Beirut, and Amman routes!
Jazeera Airways, a Kuwait-based low-cost carrier, has registered a 21 per cent increase in the number of passengers flown from August of last year, according to a report.
The increase was supported by the rise in flown passengers on 11 routes which serve the cities of Dubai, Bahrain, Beirut, Amman, Riyadh, Istanbul, Mashhad and Egypt’s Sharm El Sheikh, Luxor, Assiut and Sohag, said the August 2013 report, which is based on official figures and statistics from Kuwait’s Directorate General for Civil Aviation (DGCA).
On the Kuwait-Dubai route, Jazeera Airways saw a 55 per cent increase in flown passengers from August last year. The airline grabbed a 14 per cent market share on the route in August 2013.
The report also shows a 24 per cent increase in the airline’s flown passengers between Kuwait and Bahrain, and grabbed a 10 per cent market share, a 2 per cent increase in market share from August last year.
On routes serving Beirut and Amman, Jazeera Airways saw a 56 per cent increase in flown passengers on the Kuwait-Beirut route, and a 54 per cent increase in flown passengers on the Kuwait-Amman route from August last year.
Jazeera emerged out as the leading airline serving the Kuwait-Beirut route with a 40 per cent market share, and grabbed a 36 per cent market share on the Kuwait-Amman route, the report added.
Jazeera Airways also saw a 33 per cent increase in flown passengers on the route between the popular touristic destination of Istanbul and Kuwait in August 2013.
Jazeera Airways’ flown passengers on the Kuwait-Riyadh route increased by 6 per cent, as it grabbed a 13 per cent market share. Its market share on the Kuwait-Jeddah route was 16 per cent in August 2013.
The report also shows that the airline was once again the leading airline serving the Egyptian cities of Sharm El Sheikh with a 65 per cent market share, Luxor with a 76 per cent market share, Assiut with a 53 per cent market share and Sohag with a 45 per cent market share.
According to the DGCA report, flown passengers on these routes increased from August last year, with a 50 per cent jump on the Kuwait-Sharm El Sheikh route, a 28 per cent on the Kuwait-Luxor route, a 36 per cent on the Kuwait-Assiut route, and a 32 per cent on the Kuwait-Sohag route.
For the rest of its Egyptian routes, Jazeera Airways grabbed a 25 per cent market share on the Kuwait-Cairo route, and a 22 per cent share on the Kuwait-Alexandria route.
As for the Kuwait-Mashhad route, the airline’s flown passengers increased by 62 per cent from August last year.
The report also showed that Jazeera Airways led in on-time performance (OTP) against all other airlines in the Middle East during the month of August 2013 with a performance of 97 per cent, as ranked by the independent US-based OTP tracker, FlightStats
- Tunisian, Moroccan Chambers of Commerce meet to discuss economic partnership
- Winter wonderland: Dubai debuts Aspen Chalets with view of Ski Dubai
- Egyptian economic experts predict inflation rate will continue to climb
- Shoura Council: Expats cannot buy property in Mecca, Medina, Riyadh
- Tensions increase between Egypt, Italy over renewable energy projects
- Jazeera Airways introduces on board duty-free shopping on all 19 routes, with great savings on top brands
- Jazeera Airways reports on January 2013 Operational Performance
- Jazeera Airways leads Kuwaiti airlines to popular winter destinations in January 2011
- Mexican tourists’ bodies flown out of Egypt
- Jazeera Airways grabs leading market share to high-demand destinations in May