Leading tech company wins $28 million Jeddah Metro contract
AECOM Technology Corporation, a leading provider of professional technical and management support services, said it has been awarded an 18-month, $28 million contract to provide pre-program management consultancy services to the Jeddah Metro Company in the Kingdom.
As per the deal, AECOM will supply expert staff to support the preliminary planning and design work for various phases of Jeddah’s Public Transport Project that will link key commercial, residential and industrial areas across the Jeddah region.
“We are delighted to play a key role in this important program and to support the Jeddah Metro Company,” said
On the contract win, AECOM (Middle East) chief executive David Barwell said: "Our global team of transportation experts is well equipped to deliver a program that will provide the residents of Jeddah with access to a safe, reliable and sustainable public transportation system."
AECOM offers management support services to a broad range of markets, including transportation, facilities, environmental, energy, water and government.
With 45,000 employees around the world, AECOM is a leader in all of the key markets that it serves.
- The $200 billion boom and slave labour: the realities Qatar must come to terms with
- This times it's North Koreans! Modern-day slavery still 'rampant' in Qatar
- The Dubai Tram: A good ride for Marina property prices or not?
- The other side of the economic 'miracle': 65% of Dubai residents forced to relocated due to exploding rents
- Why does Emaar not want anything to do with Lebanon?