Jinny Software secures $2.5 million deal with Batelco
Company Press Release:
Jinny Software, an Irish mobile Internet solutions company participating in Gitex 2000, announced it as secured a landmark contract with Bahrain Telecommunications Company (Batelco), to provide the infrastructure and applications that will make possible the delivery of Internet content and information services to Batelco’s 190,000 GSM mobile subscribers.
Through Jinny’s unique offering, Batelco will launch its multi-access portal in November 2000, enabling mobile users to access the Internet from mobile phones. “For our mobile customers, this deal allows a host of new applications ranging from email, business and consumer information channels, through to direct access to Internet-based data,” said Andrew Hearn, chief executive of Batelco.
The platform, although pre-installed with turnkey services and applications from Jinny Software, allows Batelco to extend its present offering by enabling the integration of future services as they are rolled out.
Batelco is the latest addition to Jinny’s international customer base which also includes Jordan’s Fastlink, Lebanon’s France Telecom Mobile Lebanon (FTML), Ireland’s Eircell, Allied Irish Banks (AIB), and Philips Consumer Communications France.
- Info2cell.com participating in 3GSM World Congress along with Acotel Group and sister company Jinny Software
- First-ever Gitex Saudi Arabia closes with SR80 million deals
- Microsoft to acquire Israeli startup for $320M
- Orange Business Services extends contract with Philip Morris International through 2021
- IBM launches software and consulting services to help businesses adapt to rising customer demands