Joint Egyptian-Palestinian chamber of commerce established
An agreement was recently signed between Egyptian and Palestinian representatives to establish a joint Palestinian-Egyptian Economic Chamber, according to Al-Sharq al-Awsat daily.
The decision to establish such a body comes in response to heavy economic pressure imposed on the Palestinian economy by Israel in recent months, as well as to the recent closing of the Palestinian Chamber of Commerce in East Jerusalem by Israel.
Signing the accord was Head of the Egyptian Chambers Association, Khaled Abu Ismail, Head of the Palestinian Chambers of Commerce and Industry, Mohamed Kadora, and Egypt’s Minister of Commerce and Supply, Hassan Khader.
The event took place at the Egyptian Chamber of Commerce and Industry headquarters in Cairo.
The first task of the new chamber will be to set up a permanent exhibition of both communities’ products in each respective state. –(Mena Report)
© 2001 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- Egyptian-Palestinian chamber of commerce set up to counter Israeli moves
- Turkey, Israel Palestinians sign agreement to establish industrial zones
- Egyptian Federation of Chambers of Commerce proposes joint Arab bank
- MoF and Sharjah Chamber of Commerce & Industry signs MoU on the establishment of the Permanent Exhibition of Islamic Countries’ Goods
- Dubai Chamber promotes e-commerce in the UAE