Joint ventures pursued despite prior calls for privatization
Recent reports reveal that approximately 60 joint ventures are currently being pursued by various Egyptian holding companies and affiliates previously marked for privatization.
Currently, approximately 400 firms have been chosen for privatization; these firms are valued at an estimated two billion Egyptian pounds ($470 million).
Furthermore, nearly 32 businesses and financial institutions are reportedly being evaluated by an unnamed foreign firm, according to Al-Alam El-Youm daily. Approximately six to 32 of these corporations are owned by 16 public sector companies and banks.
The Egyptian government recently decided to accelerate the privatization of 30 businesses, valued at some 200 million Egyptian pounds ($50.6 million). These include banks, tourist facilities, insurance firms and industrial projects. –(Mena Report)
© 2001 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- Joint ventures pursued despite prior calls for privatization
- Privatization of joint public-private Egyptian firms to be accelerated
- High-end property demand continues to be a valued asset despite the challenging times
- Welcare Hospital, Dubai’s Premier Multi-specialty Critical Care Private Hospital
- Kuwait: Business Structures, Forms, Banking & Taxes