Jordan aims at boosting trade ties with Qatar
Chaired by Nader Al Dahabi, Chief Commissioner of the Aqaba Special Economic Zone Authority (ASEZA), a Jordanian delegation is currently visiting the State of Qatar, in addition to the UAE and Kuwait. According to Al-Bayan newspaper, Mr. Al Dahabi said that the aim of this visit is to promote and to market the Aqaba Special Economic Zone in these states. The zone was established in January 2001 as a liberalized, low-tax, duty-free, and multi-sectoral development area.
On his part, Mohammed Khalid Al-Mana, Chairman, Qatar Chamber of Commerce & Industry, said that the value of trade between Jordan and Qatar stands at $50 million annually.
- Investment promotion is key to sustainable growth in Middle East emerging markets
- $1 billion resort deal to drive Aqaba Tourism Development
- Jordan's Free Zone builds competitiveness with CRM Technologies
- Jordanian Authorities, BAT fight smuggling
- Saraya Aqaba signs Memorandum of Agreement with Aqaba Development Corporation