Plans to help rebuild Jordans economy
Economists and businesspeople set up an independent interest group to further push the national economy forward.
According to a statement from the Jordan Chamber of Commerce (JCC), the group will bring under its umbrella hundreds of private sector representatives and economists from various sectors to work on building a strong economy.
JCC President Nael Kabariti said the group seeks to enhance economic reform and address the challenges, stressing that achieving comprehensive development is a shared responsibility among the public and private sectors.
- All talk: Why a GCC union does not matter for Arab countries' economies
- Aiding 'Um al-Dunya' or themselves? The Gulf's war over Egypt's economy
- What Arab Spring? The Middle East is undergoing a quiet revolution that is truly transforming the region
- An Economic Remedy for Jordan?
- Is Hamas on the verge of bankruptcy?
- USAID on a mission to enhance Jordan's competitivity
- Private business contributes far less than expected in Abu Dhabi
- World Bank approves $305 million development package for Jordan
- Sheikh Mohammed: UAE economy robust
- UAE Ministry of Economy signs MoU with Lulu Hypermarket Group to fix price of 32 basic commodities