German-Jordanian University to plant 1 million trees
The German-Jordanian University on Saturday launched the first stage of an initiative to plant trees throughout Jordan, in cooperation with the public and private sectors, and civil society institutions.
The initiative seeks to plant 1 million saplings over the next four years to increase the country’s green cover, a statement from the university said.
Around 1,500 saplings were planted at the university on Saturday as part of the initiative.
- A blessing in disguise? UAE unemployment pushing youth towards entrepeneurship
- Why, despite all the insecurity, foreign students still flock to Lebanon to learn Arabic
- Overhaul or overkill? Gulf countries to spend $150 billion on education reform
- There's no faking it: tampering degrees in the UAE can surely land you in jail
- Is an MBA degree worth it?