German-Jordanian University to plant 1 million trees
The German-Jordanian University on Saturday launched the first stage of an initiative to plant trees throughout Jordan, in cooperation with the public and private sectors, and civil society institutions.
The initiative seeks to plant 1 million saplings over the next four years to increase the country’s green cover, a statement from the university said.
Around 1,500 saplings were planted at the university on Saturday as part of the initiative.
- GCC's education sector set to fall below the grade by 2015
- What's it going to take for the UAE's 'education revolution'?
- Saudi women and opportunities in the business world: glass ceiling or bottomless pit?
- Fancy name, drastically different setting: Are foreign universities in the Gulf a worthwhile endeavour?
- Oman has a formidable job creation task ahead of it