German-Jordanian University to plant 1 million trees
The German-Jordanian University on Saturday launched the first stage of an initiative to plant trees throughout Jordan, in cooperation with the public and private sectors, and civil society institutions.
The initiative seeks to plant 1 million saplings over the next four years to increase the country’s green cover, a statement from the university said.
Around 1,500 saplings were planted at the university on Saturday as part of the initiative.
- Not 9-5 but 24/7. What can Abu Dhabi to do ease tough working conditions of labourers?
- A bit harsh? New proposal wants to cap how long expats can reside in Kuwait
- Expensive education: GCC to spend $90 billion on education construction by 2020
- AUB students start the academic year with 'mixed emotions' as strike looms
- It’s a good time to be job hunting in the UAE