German-Jordanian University to plant 1 million trees
The German-Jordanian University on Saturday launched the first stage of an initiative to plant trees throughout Jordan, in cooperation with the public and private sectors, and civil society institutions.
The initiative seeks to plant 1 million saplings over the next four years to increase the country’s green cover, a statement from the university said.
Around 1,500 saplings were planted at the university on Saturday as part of the initiative.
- AUB students start the academic year with 'mixed emotions' as strike looms
- It’s a good time to be job hunting in the UAE
- Getting the jobsworth: New challenges faced in the UAE employment market
- Teachers’ strike divideds Jordan's educators as students seen as main victims
- Profits in the name of education: GCC reeking in $6 billion worth of international school fees