German-Jordanian University to plant 1 million trees
The German-Jordanian University on Saturday launched the first stage of an initiative to plant trees throughout Jordan, in cooperation with the public and private sectors, and civil society institutions.
The initiative seeks to plant 1 million saplings over the next four years to increase the country’s green cover, a statement from the university said.
Around 1,500 saplings were planted at the university on Saturday as part of the initiative.
- Inside Bahrain's new labor law
- Ever feel like you're banging your head against a "productivity" wall? Saudi employees know how you feel
- Saudi Arabia makes the grade by placing higher education as its top priority
- If only there was a 'real estate' specialization: unsurprisingly, business degree is still number one choice among Dubai students
- Taking care of business: Tunisia's entrepreneurship challenges