Jordan working hard to employ disabled workers
A total of 430 people with disabilities (PWD) are currently working at the Greater Amman Municipality (GAM) in various jobs that fit their capabilities and academic qualifications.
Rana Haddadin, head of the PWD department at GAM, said appointing people with visual, physical or hearing disabilities is part of GAM's responsibility towards PWD rights.
She added that each of these workers receives a JD30 allowance in addition to their monthly salaries to improve their living standards.
- Beyond the expo win: Why global investors are flocking to UAE
- Is job growth the answer to the Middle East's woes?
- How far are MENA companies willing to bend? Flexible workplaces linked to increased productivity, says report
- The booming potential of e-learning in Kuwait
- The major educational challenge facing GCC economies