Jordan working hard to employ disabled workers
A total of 430 people with disabilities (PWD) are currently working at the Greater Amman Municipality (GAM) in various jobs that fit their capabilities and academic qualifications.
Rana Haddadin, head of the PWD department at GAM, said appointing people with visual, physical or hearing disabilities is part of GAM's responsibility towards PWD rights.
She added that each of these workers receives a JD30 allowance in addition to their monthly salaries to improve their living standards.
- It doesn't run in the family? Finding the right talent top challenge for ME family businesses
- War for talent: the unhealthy side of the UAE's booming healthcare industry
- Maybe try some human rights? Saudi Arabia, Gulf countries announce initiative to address housemaid shortage
- What about human rights violations? ‘Smart’ devices to inspect labour housing in Dubai
- No strings attached, please: Saudi Arabia mulls implementing eight-year limit on expats' stay