Jordan working hard to employ disabled workers
A total of 430 people with disabilities (PWD) are currently working at the Greater Amman Municipality (GAM) in various jobs that fit their capabilities and academic qualifications.
Rana Haddadin, head of the PWD department at GAM, said appointing people with visual, physical or hearing disabilities is part of GAM's responsibility towards PWD rights.
She added that each of these workers receives a JD30 allowance in addition to their monthly salaries to improve their living standards.
- Thomson Reuters annual cost of compliance survey shows regulatory fatigue, resource challenges and personal liability to increase throughout 2015
- Dulsco conducted recycling awareness campaign with students of Al Khansaa
- An unreadable reality: 21 million children in ME may 'miss education'
- Not giving in: Saudi women increasingly demand higher positions
- Omani unemployment declines to 11.75%